Donald R Pfx

| map-marker Grandville, Michigan

Engine missing parts

I bought a 2.4 Chevy engine from accurate and installed it in the car. Couldn't get the car out of power reduced mode after installing.

After countless hours of changing parts and rechecking my work I couldnt get the car to run properly. Finally took the car to the local Chevy dealer. They diagnosed it and found it had a missing cam follower. Diagnostic and repair cost me nearly $600.

Called accurate about the issue thinking they should at least pay for a portion of the bill. The response I got from them is I'm sorry. Not one cent in comparison.

DO NOT buy an engine from this crooked company. The owner seems like a real nice guy but runs a crooked operation, doesn't stand behind his produces.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Build poor products

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Stay away from this company.

Louis S Oxy

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Eagle, Michigan

Engine missing major components

Accurate Engines - Engine missing major components
Accurate Engines - Engine missing major components - Image 2
Accurate Engines - Engine missing major components - Image 3

Be very careful with Accurate Engines! I sent my Ford 6.7 engine to be rebuilt and it never came back.

They sent me another long block and kept all my parts!! Im missing front, rear cover, oil pan and lower oil pan! Not to mention the hardware!! They were very apoplectic and assured me they would send me my missing parts.

This never happened and now Im out over 1000 in parts and hardware. Im made a report to the Better Business Bureau and these people still havent sent my parts or responded to me. Next Ill be filing a police report for theft and seek legal action! Do not deal with this place very unprofessional.

Ron, Britney, and George are complete liars and will tell you anything to keep you waiting. Ive been in this mess since November last year!!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Will give you the around if they even answer

Preferred solution: To provide me with all my missing parts and hardware.

User's recommendation: Do not use this business

Guest

Won't my last order as quick as u can sended it u already took the money 305 Summit Dr campbellaville Kentucky 42718 thank u n God bless u

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Pembroke, North Carolina

Sold me a defective engine.

Original review Jan 16, 2024

Sold me a defective engine. 4.6L Ford.

They said they would rebuild my engine. I sent it to them. They sent me a different engine. It was defective.

Freeze plug was old and rusty and leaks coolant into my oil system. 1 timing chain guide was old and missing a washer. 1 side was new the other side old.The 1 guide was yellow and the other new and white. It also was loose and not tight caught it in time before it caused more damage.

They sent the oil pan and timing chain cover back off my old engine not cleaned. Valve cover grommets they sent the wrong ones. Dan the Salesmen hung up on me. They want honor the warranty and are monitoring my phone number and want answer my calls.

They don't even know what my issues are with their engine. Don't buy from them. Call them and see if you can get a answer from anyone other than sales.

You can't. You can see the yellow/old timing chain guide behind the factory wrap.

User's recommendation: Run Don't do business with them.

Guest

I was looking to buy a engine from them . Not now. Never.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2466003

They still haven't called me.or tried to resolve the problem.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2466003

They still haven't tried to contact me or do anything on their end to make the situation right. They are definitely not a reputable company to do business with.

View more comments (2)

| map-marker Grandville, Michigan

Sent a defective engine

Accurate Engines - Sent a defective engine
Updated by user Jan 06, 2024

Accurate Engines has not contacted me. They will not answer my email or phone calls. They have done nothing to resolve the defective engine they sent me.

Original review Jan 12, 2024
Sent a supposedly new reman engine with old Timing chain guides and old freeze plugs that leaked coolant into the oil.ignore purchasing anything from Accurate Engines.never purchase a engine from this company. Sent the old oil pan and timing chain cover back dirty. You can see the old timing chain guides behind the factory wrap sent from Accurate Engines. They did replace the seal in the timing chain cover and sent the wrong valve cover grommets. You can see the old timing chain guide behind the factory wrap.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Do not answer phone calls
Cons:
  • Do not stand behind what they sell
  • Sent out a engine with bad timing chain guides and bad freeze plugs

Preferred solution: My original engine back and rebuilt as promised

Fin F Pbk

They will not resolve the problem engine they sent me. Left me stuck with the defective engine indefinitely.

Josecarlos Hiz

Dissatisfied Customer

This is a terrible business. The front office is very disorganized. They do not answer the phone, their voicemail is full, and it takes forever for them to answer an email. I scheduled my vehicle for warranty service and they kept it for two days without even looking at it. I would NOT recommend using this company.
Cons:
  • Terrible customer service

User's recommendation: Do Not Do Business with This Company

Todd G Gsc

I never got an engine

3 months of promises by Lanny ,,the most dishonest businessman I have ever come across.. pathological liar...i finally had to cancel my order and now they want to charge me freight ...DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF... So they said they will get my 7000.00 back to me but not a word about my core engine that I sent them...these people are idiots. .if you're in the market for a diesel long block go to Blackwater .they actually have engines and will actually answer the phone and actually call you back ..Lanny you are an ***
Loss:
Cons:
  • Too many to list

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM This COMPANY

map-marker Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Do not do business with this company! They are the worst in every way! They are dishonest, rude and once they get your money they will do as they please and take forever.

Pathetic attitudes throughout. Once they get your money they will treat you with disrespect and rude behavior.

They will take forever and very difficult to reach them to get information. After taking forever to get what you paid for they will take forever to return the money for the core charge and will then inform you the core must be usable at their discretion. Accurate engines is one of the worst companies I have dealt with. I would absolutely not send anyone to them for any reason.

You will not have anything like a good experience.

I thought I would have to file a law suit just to get what I paid for and still don't have my core charge the billed me for saying it would be returned. Do not do business with Accurate engines!

User's recommendation: Do not do business with Accurate engines!!

map-marker Kalamazoo, Michigan

New Motor

They put a new 4 cylinder in my Equinox. They picked it up when they said they would, they got it back to me when they said they would. And the bill was what they told me it would be. They kept me in the loop on everything, very happy.
Precision D

Will not warranty engine that was 2 months old and not built right

I own an auto repair shop in Nevada and purchased an engine in january of this year. The engine was not built correctly an Laney the owner of the company has the worst customer service i have ever seen,do not buy anything from this company they are theives and will rob u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Stay away
Loss:
Pros:
  • All cons no pros
Cons:
  • All

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay away from this company,You will get robbed

Kelvin M Amx

They still currently have my engine with no communication being given

Ordered a 3.1 liter refurbished engine from Accurate Engines, to go in my 1999 Chevy Malibu that I jus had luckily managed to buy from late Senior Pastors family. I had it shipped to my mechanic that recommended I do some research on my make and model car and look into buying a refurbished engine instead of getting a mechanic shop to build me a whole new engine he stated they make engines newly restored.

The mechanics received the engine and after many attempts to get the car running the engine ultimately failed. i later took the engine to a certified engine builder where there team assured us that even though the engine was new it had a bad block and in no way in the time I had the engine or the my mechanic could there be wear this extensive that could've been put on the engine in the first couple thousand miles and also wouldnt run correctly or at all for that matter. I happened to talk to Accurate Engines about there engine not performing and they stated that I should send the engine in and they'll get there warranty department to see if they were going to do anything about the bad engine block that was discovered in a newly refurbished engine with 0 mileage. Currently 6 months have gone by my car is still sitting in my mechanics shop, and Accurate engines has told me numerous times that there looking in to this matter, once a manager told me that there going to see what they could do to correct this matter, that was 2 months ago and they haven't been answering there phones since.

I've been leaving emails and phone messages with my concerns on resolving this matter. 0 communication at Accurate

Loss:
Cons:
  • Alot of time and money
  • Bad part sold
  • No communication

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Don't rely on company if trusting warranty and customer service.

John F Mik

Verified Reviewer

I purchased a 5.4 L remanufactured eng on 5/25/21 and was told my eng was shipped 3 different times but it was never shipped as of today 7/7/21 and now they dont answer their phone when I call

i have not received my engine as of today. I tried to call but no answer. My next step is to file a report to the better business Bureau. Hope that will help.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor service

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Do not deal with Accurate Engines they are a ripoff.

Alyson L

Appreciation!

At first we were upset because Accurate Engines put a new engine in our truck and then on our way home we broke down! However I texted right away and they replied it in the evening after hours. Then, first thing in the morning I received another text and they told me that they would pick up the truck and tow it for free. They then fixed the problem within a day and a half and actually drove the truck and dropped it off to our personal driveway!!! Thank you so much Accurate Engines!

User's recommendation: Yes!

SICKENTIRED

With all due respect your one of hundreds "not satisfied" you're lucky! Be Gladd!

Alyson L
map-marker Detroit, Michigan

Positive Feedback

We had an issue with our truck right after we picked it up..we texted them after hours and received a reply text that night and early the next morning!:) They delivered our truck to us and we live 45 minutes away!:):) Thank you Accurate Engines!:)

User's recommendation: They stood by their work and fixed the issue!:)

Michael S Feb

Terrible warranty service

My engine was approximately 17 months old when it went out. They told me to return the engine, and they would have a replacement engine shipped back within 48 hours. They received my engine at their facility on August 13, 2020. I received my replacement engine on September 3, 2020. I continually called Lanny and the warranty department but basically received no responses. Every once in a while I would get an email or text. I was asked to send a photo of the engine compartment as the replacement engine did not fit. I did so immediately and have never heard back. My installer had to find a kit so the replacement engine could be installed. I have called to ask about an additional warranty on the replacement engine, but have never received a response.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Don't use them.

SICKENTIRED

I am truely not surprised after everything i dealt with them then & now !

reagan a

DONT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY

accurate engines sent me a rebuilt block that had a timing chain issue,it only lasted 450 miles, and once it was sent back it took 3 months to be returned, though it came back with obvious damages. so when sending it back it has been 4 months and I still have not received it back. I have more than a dozen recordings of them hardly answering and when they do they are very short and domineering remarks, while seemingto be put out with my questions. I was told by Ron that "accurate engines is a reproable company, and they put out 30 engines a week"..... though apparently when they rebuild a rebuild for the second time it seems to be on the back burner and nowhere near there priority list. So far I've lost wages had to pay my mechanic to pull it back out, and when I eventually get it back. I'll have to pay him to put it back in. with the extra money I've had to spend and the loss wages I could have bought another truck, which contradicts the whole reason of replacing the engine in my current truck. Accurate engines is blaming the delivery company for damages, thought the way it was strapped to the pallet was horrible. The 1st engine was strapped very well. which shows that they know how to strap it correctly, but the second time around they were just pushing it through the line and in a hurry. When I sent it back I had one ratchet strap on it, and it didnt move. I never got that ratchet strap back even though I wrote PLEASE RETURN in 3 different places on it. When I asked for my money back they told me "we cant do that". So I've waited for the reproable part of the business to show its self though I've never seen it. Accurate engines has not cooperated with the BBB, showing that there not concerned with the problems at hand as long as they have you $$$$$. Please refer to the pictures as proof,. take note of how the straps were attempted to be put on. There's no option for this rating but I would have to give ) 0 stars for all categories. It's obvious if your not a mechanic shop ordering several engines a year they are not interested in righting there wrong.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Will not follow through with what they say

Warning warning warning

Updated by user Aug 24, 2022

engine broke down 2& 1/2 yrs. no way at all near 100.000 miles & still have {7 months left on warranty} & looks like they don't want to honor what they offer & state on paper!

I hope they read these thing's as i am not letting this go! After way things were handled &...

Updated by user Aug 24, 2022

BBB involved/ Co. has no creditability w/ BBB /// Just numerous complaints of unbelievable treatment!!!

Co.

no answering / next step State Attorney General's Office & another Dept. within Gov't mean's to get my warranty honored.

Updated by user Jun 11, 2020

Update Feb, March, April 2020 >8 months / I was threaten to have engine sent back & what ever money was left.! this was in beginning in beginning when just trying to find out what happened with my money/ mONEY THAT WAS NOT TO OF BEEN TAKEN BY AGREEMENT!! WHICH COMPANY...

Updated by user Jan 10, 2020

Well it's Jan 10th 2020 & received a notification back re engine / seems the owner, Lenny has ordered a crankshaft from a manufacturer/ why was this not done in beginning anyways / all parts are to be new going in not used !!!!!!But that's what i am getting back...

Updated by user Jan 10, 2020

My Mechanic has been very patience / car is taking up a spot and it could be used for a paying customer right now he mentioned something of storage fee's if he's got to ?? i'll be asking for that back as well in a court of law a judge see's this he going to laugh his...

Updated by user Jan 10, 2020

wELL HERE IT IS A MONTH LATER INTO 2020>Got a hold of Rebuild Dept. stated had problem with Valves & couldnt find any & then finally found some / ""a reminder"" this Co. was to have all parts on hand for any job / engine.This was a month ago & again being told going to...

Updated by user Dec 13, 2019

Update! 48 hrs later & contacting sales man Ron H / Who then sent my complaint to owner .I do not know who made response's of the replied texts as very rude & unprofessional but did get a reply back 48 hrs after being left in dark about motor & over 3 months waiting...

Updated by user Dec 12, 2019

24 Hrs. & still no word i contacted the Sales man who has been helping me Ron H/ stated he is a outside sales rep. does not know what transpires at office or rebuild facility / but sent my in=question regarding NO COROSPONDANCE from rebuild facility over to Owner of...

Updated by user Dec 11, 2019

I was also told by the rebuild Department if I did not like the way things were being handled my engine would be sent back in pieces along with whatever money was left this I have in a text from the rebuild Department

Original review Dec 11, 2019
I get told for $2,500 I can get a engine that has 100,000 mile warranty on it for 5 years I then get told that half of the money would be taken from my account and when completed the other half would be taken . This did not turn out that way as all the money was taken from my account in a one shot deal.

I was not informed that all the money was taken from my bank account until I received my bank statement the salesman was unaware of the office's actions as well. After waiting a couple weeks I chose to check on the engine and got someone telling me that there might be parts that need to be totally replaced I told them what I was told by the salesman and that Parts should be there and I should get my money's worth of what I paid they seem to be upset of that statement however I expect to get what I am promise. I was then told there would be extra charges of which I was informed by the salesman there would be no hidden cost that the $2,500 covered the engine going to them being torn down rebuilt and sent back to me this person on the phone had a different opinion and I informed them of what was told to me by the salesman 4 weeks went by and I was told that the parts were in total of 6 weeks they had my motor I was informed by the salesman he was told it would be getting worked on and hopefully send out that Friday three weeks later I called the salesman to find out what was going on with the motor again I was informed it was being worked on and it would be getting sent out chocolate 9 weeks go by and I text the company to get told the engine is being worked on and they were hoping for it to go out around Thanksgiving weekend 2 weeks later I am back with trying to correspond with the company who does not correspond except for the salesman who tells me to call the number of where the engine is being rebuilt and talk with the person who answers the texts in reference to what is the prognosis of my engine with just one question if I had the 2.4 engine no reply after that.

During the first four weeks I was informed that the company really does not do Jeep engines as the parts are hard to find I was informed that the company had all parts there for rebuilding my engine and notified the salesman if I would have known this was going to take place I would of not use their company due to the fact that I am not getting anywhere or getting answers over the past 4 weeks 5 weeks I am starting to wonder what is actually going on the salesman cannot give me any information and has told me again to contact their number which at one point in time was not active by the company's service provider for that phone I then contacted the salesman who later assured me the phone was in working order as he had correspondence with the Rebuilder 2 hours prior . I contacted the Rebuilder and was basically asked are you calling in reference of the 2.4 Jeep engine I stated yes and gave the invoice number and have not heard back since I then left a message this evening waiting on reply from your company regarding my engine I was informed the company had all parts the company did not it took over a month to be told that they found parts for my engine two of which were supposedly word supposably main that is if I ever get my engine back parts which I will be requesting back and have examine my engine was taken in the middle of September and is now almost the end of December: I'm giving the company staff 3 Stars for the salesman who has been through each and every step of sales purchase and getting information for me that I was not getting from the other phone number of where it's being rebuilt as no correspondence really is being giving//f www.paypal.com/sig nin?intent=checkout&;;;;ctxId=ullndg7bfa98d610964db7883****ee2eb1285&;returnUri=%2Fwebapps%2Fhermes&state=%3Fflow%3D1-P%26ulReturn%3Dtrue%26token%3DEC-0HY126323M748294W&locale.x=en_US&country.x=US&flowId=EC-0HY126323M748294W
Loss:
Pros:
  • Salesman ron h amount of money to rebuild and time frame
Cons:
  • Anything about this transaction
  • Rebuild dept no corospondance
Reason of review:
Rebuild Department of company very unprofessional

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

SICKENTIRED

Update 2& 1/2 yrs. later"" engine fails!"" Co.

DOES NOT RESPOND! Warranty Co. does not respond / Co. does not answer Phone, emails, nothing!

BBB Involved, they can do only so much, this Co. has no creditability at all by BBB & OR ALOT OF CONSUMER'S OVER 79 CPMPLAINTS I READ SOME SATISFIED OTHER'S??????

tHIS cO. IS A JOKE I CAN SEE ONLY WAY TO STAY IN BUSINESS TO CHANGE NAMES & phone #'s CONSTANTLY

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article